I graduated from Boston University with a BS in Athletic Training and then went on to Northeastern University for my BSN and became a registered nurse. I worked as a pediatric RN before becoming a full-time mom. I have maintained my RN license by taking current courses.
With three children, I have always made sleep a priority but, of course, I made mistakes and was sleep deprived frequently. “The Sleep Lady’s Good Night, Sleep Tight”, helped me address sleep issues as they came up with my children. It worked so effectively for me and my family that I felt inspired to share these techniques with families similar to my own and actively coach them towards a peaceful night’s sleep.
Accordingly, I completed Kim West’s Gentle Sleep Coach program, the most extensive and professional sleep certification program available. The program involved over 55 hours of training, a comprehensive exam and extensive participation in case supervision with Kim West, LCSW-C who has helped tired parents for over 16 years.
With Peaceful Sleep Solutions, I have combined my RN and Gentle Sleep Coach certification to provide a series of sleep coaching services based on extensive training/experience in the following areas:
- Basic counseling and child development
- Sleep science and behavioral modification techniques
- Secure attachment theory
- Supporting the breastfeeding mom
The program included lectures from top specialists in the areas of:
- Postpartum Depression from Dr Shoshana Bennett, author and leading specialist on Postpartum Depression
- Medical Conditions and Sleep Apnea in Children led by Dr Lewis Kass, Director of Children’s Sleep Center
- Sensory Processing Disorders related to sleep and Cranial Sacral Therapy by Jodi Jennings, OTLR
The GSC Program also includes an exclusive advanced training series directly centered around how to gently work with babies 4 and 5 months of age. This program which I have also completed consists of over 40 hours of instruction and mentorship.
Some of the curriculum training topics include:
- In depth knowledge of the delicate nature of infants under 6 months of age and how to consider all elements of their well-being.
- Current evidence based guidelines and instruction on how to evaluate the 4-6 month old child and family and determine if the child is ready for sleep coaching.
- Gentle sleep solutions and strategies that are effective and developmentally appropriate for the younger baby.
This specialty training is designed to give coaches the knowledge, education and all the tools and resources they need to successfully work with families of babies 4-6 months of age in a safe, healthy and developmentally appropriate manner.
I look forward to helping your family become well rested!